Astaro Content Filtering Service
Astaro offers all users of the Nintendo DS Browser a free-of-charge content filtering service to help prevent users from accessing potentially inappropriate web content.
What content is categorized as inappropriate?
Internet sites containing the following material are categorized as inappropriate:
- Pornography / Nudity
- Erotic / Sex
- Swimwear / Lingerie
- Criminal Activities
- Illegal Activities
- Computer Crime
- Political Extreme / Hate / Discrimination
- Hacking / Warez / Illegal Software
- Violence / Extreme
- Web sites that are normally assigned to other categories, but are particularly extreme in their content (e.g. violence).
- Information Technology ("IT")
- Illegal Drugs
- Weapons / Military
- Web sites that reference guns, knives (not including household or pocket knives), air guns, fake guns, explosives, ammunition, military guns (tanks, bazookas), guns for hunting, and swords.
- Web sites that install data transmitting programs without the user's knowledge.
What makes Astaro Content Filtering so unique?
Astaro technology, filtering over 35 million classified internet pages, is the industry's largest and most up-to-date URL database. Each time users request an uncategorized web page, Astaro's data processing centre automatically verifies and classifies the web site within 48 hours. This process keeps the web filter up-to-date, whilst additionally protecting against unknown and new web pages. Even with this dynamic technology, Astaro may not block all web sites a parent may consider unsuitable for their child so it is important for parents to participate in and monitor children's use of the Nintendo DS Browser.
More information on Astaro and it's UTM network security solutions can be found at: www.astaro.com.